Importance of Cardiovascular Health for Everyone
Cardiovascular health is concerned with the well being and fitness of heart, arteries, pulmonary circulation system, blood veins and blood. Heart is the core organ which is located in a region that is medially along with lungs. The circulatory system consists of complex loops of arteries, blood veins and vessels which carry blood from the heart to various body parts from head to toe. The central nervous system with its nerve tissues passing from brain through the spinal cord depends on the health of cardiovascular system. Hence it is extremely important for you to protect this system and nurture its health and fitness.
Basics of Cardiovascular Health
Care for your heart
- Keeping your heart in healthy and working condition would be your primary goal. Diet and nutrition monitoring is very important. Fresh fruits, veggies (preferably raw and fiber foods like barley, oatmeal, rice bran and cereals could provide the required nutrients and minerals. Fish and shrimp twice a week as they convert cholesterol into healthy fatty acids.
- Salt consumption needs to be kept at minimum levels. It helps in avoiding excess blood pressure and hypertension conditions.
- It is better to avoid trans-fats like baked foods, fried foods, margarine, artificially processed foods, peanut butter etc.
- Regular exercising on the treadmill, walking skipping and other exercises which improve blood circulation are considered to be helpful for your heart. It is also important not to overdo these exercises as they can add stress.
- Avoid smoking and keep your alcohol intake at moderate levels.
- Stress free lifestyle is one of the critical factors that contribute to long term heart health.
Moderate Blood Pressure
You need to control your blood pressure within moderate levels. It is considered to be critical for those who use tobacco and alcohol in excess, people above 40 and who are obese.
- If you are obese fat burning is said to be the critical need. Consult your doctor and start with mild forms of physical exercises. Drink plenty of water and fruit juices. Brisk walking, jogging and cycling help you in shedding unhealthy fat.
- Increase the level of potassium and reduce the level of sodium in your diet. Avocado, coconut water, banana, white beans and mushrooms contain potassium. Avoid smoked foods, frozen meat and salted nuts.
Mind Your Blood
Your blood free from toxic elements and fatty substances can carry oxygen, nutrients, vitamins and proteins to various organs within your body. Blood purification can be done naturally with the help of pomegranate juice, Neem leaves extract, and Basil leaves extract and avocado. Cabbage, broccoli, green tea and carrots are natural foods for enhancing the purity and quality of blood cells.
Keep Stress Away
It is not only the physical stress on your body, but also the psychological stress which could cause variations in cardiovascular health conditions. Yoga and Meditation are said to be beneficial for cardiovascular health and fitness by those who have experienced the benefits. You could try them out after consulting your doctor about your present health and fitness levels.